- It doesn't matter what others think about you. If you're being the best person you can be, that's all that matters.
- Laugh every day
- There are no regrets in my life, only lessons learned. (Okay, I regret starting to smoke cigarettes and hate it and it's hard to quit, but I learned a lesson-smoking sucks)
- If you throw crap in the air and look up, it'll hit you smack in the face. Lesson here, don't throw crap in the air.
- Don't hate. I don't hate anyone. Hate is not a word that is allowed to be used in our home
- Tell your spouse/significant other/partner you love them every day
- Tell your kids you love them every day.
- Don't be a follower, be your own person
- In life, you have only a handful of true friends, the rest are acquaintances
- "I can't" is not acceptable, you can accomplish anything if you try, think positive
- Money might make life easier, but it doesn't necessarily make it better
- Stand up for what you believe in
- Love yourself for who you are
- Aging sucks, but it's better than the alternative
- Treat others how you want to be treated
- Laugh every day (a repeat, but in our household, we all have a sense of humor and can laugh at ourselves)
- Try to avoid being judgmental. It's not an easy thing to do, it's human nature, but make yourself aware and put yourself in that persons shoes and once you are aware, you can stop yourself
- Accept people for who they are and don't try to change them.
- Be happy and smile, it's contagious.
- Life is what you make it. Some disappointments are unavoidable, but happen and when they do, move on.
Wednesday, September 01, 2010
Lessons learned in my 46 years
For my 46th birthday, I decided to list lessons I learned over the years. These are lessons I learned on my own and from others. They are lessons I try to instill in my daughter. This is how I try to live my life.
Posted by Deneen at 11:38 AM