I forgot to take a pic of the octagon one, but it's small enough now for a pot lid type thing (5" in diameter).
The others shrunk down considerably, as expected. I put them through twice. The one with just the blue on the border was 11" to start and shrunk to 7 3/4". The peach one with the stripe started at 10 3/4" and went down to 6 1/2" and the other one shown started out at 9 1/4 and isnow 6 1/4".
First time trying the wool-doesn't felt as nicely as the Shakespeare did, but was way cheaper than the Shakespeare, so you get what you pay for. K hook and dc on all, but the octagon was a sc continuous spiral.
I will say the wool works great as a hot pad/potholder.
Still working on the capelet from my last post and have printed out three patterns (yeah, thanks Tiff). One is the Origami Sock Pattern(scroll down)-I am intrigued. Don't know when I will start them, but printing out the pattern might motivate me. Also, Giovanna's Cardi at LB. Usually, I don't look too much at LB patterns-some errors or miswordings and it annoys me. However, this already has the correction and has 5 great reviews. I have some Ella Rae Amity I bought last year (almost to the day) in Purple (I think), but it's lighter than shown. which should be perfect for Elena. Of course while on the LB site, I found a Beret done in the round (no join line-yay) done in Cotton Ease. No, it's not that huge textured thing (if you designed it, I am sorry, it's just so "not me"), it's the Le Chic and since I have a leftover skein or two of CE, I shall try it.
Ele also sent me a pattern to try out(this one sold, I am sure she'll relist the pattern) and it uses Vanna's Choice, which I happen to have a single skein of in a color Elena picked out-so I will give this a whirl for Elena.
All for today.....maybe more tomorrow :)