Remember the other day I mentioned using the Elann Esprit and Cascade Fixation for the pedicure socks? Maybe I didn't mention using the stretch yarn specifically, but that's what I did. Theoretically it sounded good, however I found using the stretchy yarn gave me the same effect as the flip flop socks-when I wore them (okay, tried the one on with a flip flop and walked around the house wearing it), it slide around and moved down-the elasticity was not a good idea-like with the flip flop socks, Lustersheen was used, which has no give-and like with the pedicure socks, using the worsted weight yarn and a smaller hook, it made it tight and snug-not uncomfortable, but it didn't roll or budge-I haven't tried fingering weight yet for it, but again, it would have to be done tightly. So making lemonade out of lemons, I just frogged the shell edging around the foot bed part and kept crocheting and made it into a regular sock-saving the project, but now requiring me to make the mate-second sock syndrome has set it and since I had notes written on scraps of paper all over because I did the length longer, should have made the cuff tighter (fixed that with some decreased edging around the cuff) and decided I had to get it done because next week, the notes would look like jibberish to me-
Here's the saved sock:
I did pick up some Lorna's Lace Shepherd Sport yarn and may try the pedi socks in that, but I think for now, I'll stick with the worsted yarn-it worked, I'll make the ankle part longer and leave it at that!