I finally did the lining for my tote for the Crochet Depot Tote Swap. For most, this doesn't seem like a big deal, for me, it is, trust me. The lining has been staring at me (because I refused to put it away following my theory on "out of sight, out of mind") and if it stared at me long enough, I would have to do it. I used Elena's little machine because it's easier to set up, although it doesn't have the light my eyes need. The damn bobbin tangled up twice, my fault and then it was pretty smooth sailing-but let me tell you, everyone knew to stay the heck out of the dining room for about 20 minutes-even left the house for that time.
No, I didn't do any other bag lining (sorry Mimi, but I will after the holiday, swear). I measured, measured twice (Su's tip), but see I had an idea in my head what I wanted and I talked to a friend about it and she's a seamstress and instead of me asking her outright to just do it, I just asked and then nodded and walked away thinking "nope, won't work". I did the first lining (yeah, I ended up redoing it) and I was right, it didn't work because it didn't mold to the tote like I wanted it to-too tight almost, no give, lost space, etc. So I redid it, hand sewed it into the bag, then turned it inside out and hand sewed some tapers-it's not perfect, but it worked and I am so damn proud of myself-whether the recipient of the bag sees it as a "a great accomplishment", I don't know, but it was to me.
Now I have to do attach some handles-I'm not stressing so much about the handle part, but probably should be. Again, I "designed" the bag myself and am still not sure if it'll work out as I envision it. Yes, I went ahead and plowed into it telling myself "well, if the original idea doesn't work out, you have a back up plan" and I do-but I hope the original plan works out.
I'll post pics once I send it out and she receives the bag.